Foundation to Participate in APTA’s Collaborative for Physical Therapy Education
The American Physical Therapy Association has established the Collaborative for Physical Therapy Education to foster collaboration among stakeholders. The goal of the collective is to make progress achieving the aims outlined in the position paper: A Vision for Excellence in Physical Therapy Education. The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research—the research funding organization for the American Physical Therapy Association—is a participant in the collective.
The collaborative was created in response to the long-standing need to advance physical therapy education, and from the recognition that no single organization has the resources to achieve all aims. The collaborative builds on past success working to achieve a shared vision, believing that the use of a collaborative approach will increase the likelihood of achieving this vision by emphasizing communication, coordination, and collaboration.
The collaborative has agreed to meet at least quarterly. APTA’s representatives to the collaborative are Skye Donovan, PT, PhD, and Leigh Langerwerf, PT, DPT. Initial APTA review will include considering the pillars and guiding principles of the vision and its alignment to APTA’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan goals, and objectives, as well as mapping existing and developing initiatives and programs to the learner continuum, pillars, and guiding principles.
“If you don’t take action, don’t expect change,” APTA President Roger Herr said, challenging participants and representatives to commit to the vision.
The collaborative launched earlier this year with the first meeting being held during CSM in San Digo. There are currently 24 participating organizations:
- American Physical Therapy Association.
- American Academy of Sports Physical Therapy.
- APTA Acute Care.
- APTA Academy of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Physical Therapy.
- APTA Academy of Education.
- APTA Academy of Leadership and Innovation.
- APTA Academy of Orthopedic Physical Therapy.
- APTA Pediatrics.
- APTA Pelvic Health.
- APTA Geriatrics.
- APTA Oncology.
- APTA Private Practice.
- American Council of Academic Physical Therapy.
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists.
- American Academy of Physical Therapy.
- Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy.
- Physical Therapy Learning Institute.
- S. Department of Veterans Affairs.
- American Board of Physical Therapy Residency and Fellowship Education.
- American Board of Physical Therapy Specialties.
- Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education.
- Foundation for Physical Therapy Research.
- National Association of Black Physical Therapists
- APTA Hand and Upper Extremity
To learn more please contact: email@example.com