PODS I & II Scholarships, part of the Foundation’s Doctoral Opportunities for Clinicians and Scholars (DOCS) Program, are to fund post-professional doctoral students, who, having completed one full year of coursework, wish to continue their studies or have entered the dissertation phase of their post-professional doctoral program. The Foundation encourages applicants from general and specialty areas to apply for funding. Scholarship categories within the PODS program have been established for the two distinct phases of education and training:
- PODS I – $7, 500 In support of the coursework phase of post-professional doctoral studies prior to candidacy (as defined by the applicant’s institution). A PODS I scholarship is competitively renewable for a maximum of one additional year (new application required each year).
- PODS II – Up to $15,000 in support of the post-candidacy phase of post-professional doctoral studies (as defined by the applicant’s institution). A PODS II scholarship is competitively renewable for a maximum of one additional year (new application required each year).
The maximum aggregate amount per applicant for all PODS I & PODS II post-professional doctoral scholarships is $45,000. NO OVERHEAD (indirect costs) ARE ALLOWED.
Note that the Foundation is now using a new platform to simplify and streamline the application, peer-review process and manage our grants. All online submissions will now be accepted through Altum’s propsalCentral. Check out our Scholarship Reporting Instructions for more information on how to utilize this new system to submit the reports related to these awards.
FPTR is committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
- Spring 2024 Application opens: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 (at 12 pm Noon Eastern Time)
- Application deadline: Wednesday, January 10, 2024 (at 12 pm Noon Eastern Time)
- Administrative Review: January 2024
- Scientific Review: February – March 2024
- Scientific Review Committee Scoring: April 2024
- Administrative Review of Reviews: May 2024
- Board Awards Scholarships & Fellowships: June 2024
- Earliest Notification: Friday, June 28, 2024
- Spring 2024 Application opens: Wednesday, October 4, 2023 (at 12 Noon Eastern Time)
- The dates included above are projected and subject to change. Please be sure to check back to this site for additional updates and register to receive the Foundation’s eNews using the subscription form on the right-hand column of this page.