Foundation Opens Applications for 2021 Research Grants
The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research (FPTR) is now accepting grant applications for 7 different mechanisms. FPTR research grants are awarded based on a peer review process modeled after the National Institutes of Health process. These grants can help emerging researchers establish their careers and seek additional funding from larger agencies. Be sure to check out the application guidelines and instructions before beginning your application.
2021 FPTR Research Grant Opportunities
- One $40,000 Foundation Research Grant: This grant is named in honor of FPTR’s student-led fundraiser, the Marquette Challenge.
- One $40,000 Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Research Grant: This grant is generously funded by the Academy of Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Endowment Fund.
- One $40,000 Pediatric Research Grant: This grant is funded by the Pediatric Endowment Fund, made possible with generous gifts from the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy.
- One $40,000 Geriatric Research Grant: This grant is made possible by the Academy of Geriatric Physical Therapy Fund.
- One $100,000 Magistro Family Foundation Research Grant: A letter of intent is required; applicants will be invited to submit full applications based on content. Letter of intent is due June 1, 2021, by 5pm, EDT. This grant is made possible by the Magistro Family Endowment Fund.
New this year:
- One $100,000 Paris Patla Physical Therapy Research Grant to investigate areas related to any clinical field of physical therapy. Investigators at any level are welcome to apply regardless of funding history. Letter of intent is due June 1, 2021, by 5pm, EDT. This grant is made possible by the Paris Patla Endowment Fund established by Stanley Paris, PT, PhD, FAPTA, HonLLD(Otago), and Catherine Patla, PT, DHSc, MS, OCS, MTC, FAAOMPT.
- One $40,000 Deusinger Family Foundation Research Grant to a support a new investigator in a high risk/high reward, high impact, innovative area of high contemporary significance to the profession. This grant is generously supported from the Deusinger Family Endowment Fund.
The application deadline is Friday, August 6, 2021 at Noon, EDT.
Use this form to sign up for the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research monthly newsletter.