A Tax-Smart Way to Help the Foundation
If you are 70½ years old or older, you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research and receive tax benefits in return. You can give up to $100,000 annually from your IRA directly to a qualified organization such as the FPTR without having to pay income taxes on the money.
Why Consider This Gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your donation is making to our researchers.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
How to Start
- Contact the Foundation’s Development Staff at 800-875-1378 for additional information on giving an IRA gift.
- For specific advice about the effect of this gift option on your tax or financial situation, please consult a qualified professional advisor. We are happy to work with you and your financial advisor to help you achieve your philanthropic goals.
- Contact your IRA administrator and ask how to initiate the transfer. Instruct the plan administrator to make the check payable to the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research. Include your name and gift designation in the memo section. Mail the check to: Foundation for Physical Therapy Research 3030 Potomac Ave., Suite 110, Alexandria, VA 22305.