The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research is the only national nonprofit solely dedicated to funding physical therapy research. Now celebrating 40 years of funding research and researchers, the Foundation anticipates funding the following awards in 2019:
• Health Services Research Pipeline Grant (This grant is made possible with generous support from the American Physical Therapy Association)
• Foundation Marquette Challenge Grant (This grant is made possible in part through student fundraising efforts in the Marquette Challenge)
• Magistro Family Foundation Research Grant (This grant is funded by the Magistro Family Foundation Endowment Fund established by Charles and Noel Magistro)
• Pediatric Research Grant (This grant is funded by the Pediatric Endowment Fund, made possible with generous gifts from the Academy of Pediatric Physical Therapy)
• Pelvic Health Research Grant (This grant is made possible with the support of the Academy of Pelvic Health Physical Therapy)
• Goergeny Research Grant (This grant is made possible with a bequest from the estate of Magdalen and Emil Goergeny)
• Promotion of Doctoral Studies (PODS) I& II Scholarships
• New Investigator Fellowship Training Initiative (NIFTI)
The 2019 review cycle is currently underway. The Scientific Review Committee (SRC) will review the applications for PODS I/II and NIFTI submitted prior to the January deadline through May 2019. In June 2019 the Foundation Board of Trustees will award the scholarships and fellowships. Award notification and summary statements will go to all applicants prior to the end of June 2019.
The fall funding applications will open in April and the deadline for grants will be in early August 2019. The SRC will review these applications through November 2019. Award notifications and summary statements for grants are expected to go out to all applicants prior to December 31, 2019.
The dates cited in this article reflect the Foundation’s projected 2019 funding cycle as of February 2019. To stay connected with all funding deadline updates, register to receive the Foundation’s e-newsletter today.