CSM Presentations by FPTR-Funded Researchers
The American Physical Therapy Association’s Combined Sections Meeting (CSM) will be held virtually Feb. 1-28, 2021 and will be bigger than ever.
While we will not be attending in-person, this virtual month-long event promises unprecedented access to nearly 200 sessions, 71 live programs, and more than 1,000 poster presentations. Sign up anytime between now and February for a chance to get unlimited access to hundreds of sessions and more, all while potentially earning up to 2.0 CEUs.
Among this year’s programming, will be presentations by Foundation for Physical Therapy Research funded researchers.
CSM 2021 Platform Presentations by Recent FPTR Awardees:
- Rachel Lauren Bican, PT, (2020 PODS II):
Gestational Age, Birth Weight, Income, and Race Are Associated with Severity of Cerebral Palsy
- Ellen Sutter, PT, DPT (2020 PODS I):
Effects of Individualized Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation on Motor Cortex Excitability in Children with Hemiparesis.
- Jason Sharpe, PT, DPT, PhD (2019 PODS II):
How Patients Choose Physical Therapy and Health Care for Lower Back Pain: A Qualitative Study
- Richard Severin PT, DPT, CCS, (2019 PODS II)
Are Physical Therapists Routinely Practicing the Requisite Skills to Refer for Diagnostic Imaging: Survey Validation
CP-9688 – Respiratory Muscle Performance in Obese Patients Awaiting Bariatric Surgery
- Julie Stutzbach, PT, DPT, (2019 PODS I):
Competing Priorities and Differential Expectations: A Qualitative Metasynthesis on Mobility for Hospitalized Older Adults
- Kimberley Scott, PT, DPT, (2019 PODS I):
Parent-Reported Pedi-CAT Mobility and Gross Motor Function in Very Young Children with Cerebral Palsy
- Marcie Harris-Hayes, PT, DPT, MSci, (2018 Paris Patla Musculoskeletal Research Grant):
Psychosocial Measures, Movement Evoked Pain and Pressure Hypersensitivity Among Patients with Chronic Hip-Related Groin Pain.
- Jason Beneciuk, PT, DPT, MPH, PhD, (2018 Orthopaedic Research Grant)
Preliminary Validity of the Newly Developed Keele Start MSK Tool: A Cross-Sectional Analysis
- Bahar Shahidi, PT, DPT, PhD, (Magistro Family Foundation Research Grant):
In-Clinic Vs. Online Multidisciplinary Exercise-Based Low Back Pain Rehabilitation: A Prospective Clinical Trial
Historical Funding Recipients with Platform Presentations at CSM 2021:
- Katie Butera, PT, (2018 PODS II)
Lower Pain Sensitivity and Higher Physical Performance Contribute to Low Risk Start Back Tool Classification
- Jacob Capin, PT, DPT, MS, (2018 PODS II):
Reduced Variation Following a Care Guideline Implementation; Analysis of 11,120 Patients after Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Abigail Wilson, PT, (2018 PODS I)
Pain Sensitivity Profiles in Older Adults
- Trevor Lentz, PT, PhD, (2016 PODS II)
Patient Reported Psychological Distress in Musculoskeletal Pain Populations: Short Form Development Using Item Response Theory
- Allyn Bove, PT, DPT, (2015 PODS II)
Race Differences in Physical Function and Post-Acute Physical Therapy Utilization Following Total Knee Arthroplasty
- Rogelio Coronado, PT, MPT, PhD, (2014 Orthopaedic Research Grant)
Does Early Postoperative Daily Walking Impact Opioid Utilization at 1-Year Following Lumbar Spine Surgery?
Investigation of Multi Plane Shoulder Joint Position Sense: A Matched Patient Case Control Study
- Mark Lyle, PT, PhD, (2010 PODS II):
Patients with ACL Reconstruction Exhibit Asymmetric Lower-Extremity Joint Loading Strategies Consistently across Three Landing Tasks
- Deborah Wendland, PT, DPT, PhD, (2009 Kendall):
Step Activity during Offloading of Diabetic Neuropathic Plantar Ulcers
- Ann Harrington, PT, DPT, PhD, (2008 PODS II):
Motor Function and Endurance Outcomes for Children with Pulmonary Hypoplasia
- Steven George, PT, PhD, FAPTA, (2001 PODS II)
Identification and Validation of Promis Subgroups for Patients Seeking Orthopaedic Care
- Lori Michener, PT, PhD, ATC, SCS, FAPTA, (1997 Doctoral Training Research Grant):
Effect of Exercise on Clinical Pain Intensity and Quantitative Pain Sensitivity in Rotator Cuff Tear
Reliability and Validity of the Shoulder Performance Activity Test
Shoulder Pain in Competitive Swimmers: A Multi-Site Survey Study
- Margaret O’Neil, PT, PhD, (1997 Doctoral Training Research Grant):
Active Video Games: Promoting Fitness and Physical Activity in Ambulatory Youth with Cerebral Palsy
- David Sinacore, PT, PhD, FAPTA, (1989 Doctoral Training Research Grant):
Intracortical Porosity: An Index of 2nd Metatarsal Strength & Structure in Nonagenarians and Sexagenarians.
Renal Osteodystrophy in the Foot: Prevalence of Biomarkers and Risk in Stages of Diabetic CKD-MBD
- David Levine, PT, DPT, PhD, FAPTA, (1993 Doctoral Training Research Grant):
Therapeutic Ultrasound As a Potential Vector for the Transmission of Staphylococcus Aureus.
Stay up-to-date with more FPTR-related CSM news by following FPTR on social media (Facebook & Twitter) or signing up for our enewsletter.
Use this form to sign up for the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research monthly newsletter.