Every year, the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) recognizes and celebrates people for their work in advancing the physical therapy profession. APTA’s Honors and Awards Program celebrates outstanding achievements of members in the areas of overall accomplishment, education, practice and service, publications, research, and academic excellence.
This year, 15 current and past FPTR-funding recipients were among those to receive APTA Honors & Awards.
Congratulations to the following alumni on receiving APTA’s highest honor, the Catherine Worthingham Fellow of the American Physical Therapy Association. This honor is eligible to members who have shown unwavering efforts to advance the physical therapy profession for more than 15 years.
- John A. Buford, PT, PhD, FAPTA
- LaDora V. Thompson, PT, PhD, FAPTA
- Lisa D. VanHoose, PT, MSPT, PhD, MPH, FAPTA
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Oncologic Physical Therapy
Congratulations to alumni receiving the following awards:
The 28th John H. P. Maley Lecture Award:
- Stacey Dusing, PT, PhD, FAPTA
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Pediatric Physical Therapy
Societal Impact Award:
- Reed Handlery, PT, DPT, PhD
- Anne D. Kloos, PT, PhD
Board-Certified Clinical Specialist in Neurologic Physical Therapy
The Eugene Michels New Investigator Award:
- Stephanie Di Stasi, PT, PhD
- Bahar Shahidi, PT, DPT, PhD
- Joshua J. Stefanik, PT, MSPT, PhD
The Marian Williams Award for Research in Physical Therapy:
- Steven George, PT, PhD, FAPTA
The Jack Walker Award:
- Jason R. Falvey, PT, DPT, PhD
The Dorothy Briggs Memorial Scientific Inquiry Award:
- Rachel Prusynski, PT, DPT, board-certified clinical specialist in neurologic physical therapy, for article “Rehabilitation Intensity and Patient Outcomes in Skilled Nursing Facilities in the United States: A Systematic Review,” published in PTJ: Physical Therapy & Rehabilitation Journal, Vol. 101, No. 3.
The Helen J. Hislop Award for Outstanding Contributions to Professional Literature
- Beth E. Fisher, PT, PhD, FAPTA
The Jules M. Rothstein Golden Pen Award for Scientific Writing:
- Carolee J. Winstein, PT, PhD, FAPTA
We would also like to congratulate past-trustee, Larry Benz, PT, DPT, MBA, FAPTA, on being named a Catherine Worthingham Fellow of the American Physical Therapy Association.