Become a Reviewer
If you meet the Scientific Review Committee Selection Criteria and are interested in joining this all-volunteer committee and serving as a reviewer – or know of someone who could serve as an application reviewer- please email email@example.com for more information.
CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP ON THE SCIENTIFIC REVIEW COMMITTEE
- Must have personal experience conducting research, as evidenced by a sustained publication record in refereed, peer-reviewed journals
- Must have received extramural, peer-reviewed grants as a principal investigator
- Experience reviewing grant proposals on an National Institutes of Health , National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, Veterans’ Administration, or other national level funding organization such as the American Heart Association study panel is desirable
- Expertise in content areas valuable to research such as the use of outcome measurement tools and instruments and quality of life evaluations is desirable.
- Must have knowledge about the physical therapy profession as evidenced by APTA membership, active participation at national APTA meetings, a sustained record of service at the component level, or a history of collaboration with physical therapists.
- Knowledge of the American Physical Therapy Association’s Research Agenda is preferable (The APTA agenda can be provided for those that may have limited knowledge).
- Demonstrated commitment to support junior investigators in their development to become successful and independent researchers.
- Must understand that SRC members are ineligible to apply for Foundation for Physical Therapy funding during their term of service.
Updated February 2016