The Foundation is Hiring!
The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research is seeking job applications for a Sr. Specialist, Research & Grants Program. To apply, visit the Indeed posting.
- Serves as a liaison between the Foundation and the physical therapy research community.
- Provides overall administration for the grant and scholarship programs and responsible for pre and post award functions.
- Delegates tasks to scientific research program staff, while working closely with outside program support staff.
- Provides directives, training and guidance to staff supporting the program.
- Establishes timelines to achieve goals and complete tasks assigned by the CEO, board and committees related to the scientific program.
- Assists with planning, development, implementation and evaluation of programs. Carries out special initiatives that expand and enhance funding opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Master’s degree in applicable field a plus.
- 4 years relevant experience (Additional experience may substitute for education and additional education may substitute for experience).
- Prior exposure to grant writing/applications including working in a reviewed grant making program preferred. Knowledge of all aspects of grants lifecycle, applications, proposals, RFA development, letter of agreements and compliance monitoring strongly desired.
- Excels in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Ability to efficiently plan, organize and prioritize your work as well as that of others.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and to follow through and complete projects with minimal supervision. Anticipates next steps and helps drive board and committee initiatives forward.
- A team player with a positive approach to work and the ability handle and meet deadlines for multiple projects/priorities that contribute to the overall success of the program.
- Highly developed administrative and organizational skills.
- Sensitivity to relationships and confidentiality of the program.
- Ability to identify problems and implement appropriate approaches and solutions.
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, experience working with volunteer members of committees and Boards and tracking tasks
- Ability to develop relationships with funding recipients and peers of other funding agencies.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements when applying.
About the Foundation
The Foundation for Physical Therapy is an independent 501(c) (3) charitable organization governed by a Board of Trustees and dedicated to funding physical therapist researchers through grants, scholarships and fellowships. The Foundation does not have members but rather relies on the donations of individuals, corporations and organizations to advance its mission.
The American Physical Therapy Association (APTA), a 501(c) (6) organization whose purpose is to represent and promote the profession of physical therapy and to meet the needs of its members, is a benefactor of the Foundation.
The Foundation and APTA are separate, but philosophically linked organizations. The Foundation contracts with APTA for certain services including human resources and staffing, as such, Foundation staff are employed by APTA and receive the same employee benefits.
Job Type: Full-time