CoHSTAR, LeaRRn, and AOTF invites rehabilitation researchers with an interest in implementation science and/or health services research to submit an application to participate in our Intensive Workshop. Following 6 successful years of CoHSTAR’s intensive grant writing workshops for physical therapists, WISH expands the format and content of prior workshops and opens the eligibility to rehabilitation researchers from any profession.
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination and a negative rapid test upon arrival are required to participate. Masks will be required indoors.
The Workshop will be held in person in Washington, DC from May 18-20, 2022.
- Registration is complimentary.
- A select number of travel awards are available for:
- Junior Faculty or Trainees
- Researchers who self-identify as being from a population underrepresented in the biomedical research workforce, based on the NIH description here.
The Workshop will have two tracks: 1) implementation science and 2) health services research. Participants in each track will be assigned to mentored pods to discuss and critique draft research proposals.
Application Guidelines: Workshop participants will select a track and be assigned to levels (emerging and established researchers) based on a competitive application process. Emerging researchers are those who have not received prior external funding for any research, or researchers who are transitioning to a new area. We encourage applicants to review our scoring criteria as they prepare their materials. Applicants should submit the following documents:
- Be sure to select a track, a level (emerging and established) and indicate your area of specific research interest
- Research plan
- statement of Aims (1 page maximum)
- description of Strategy (2 pages maximum)
- Workshop Goal Statement (1 page maximum)
- If you indicated interest in a travel award on the cover page, please include a statement briefly explaining your eligibility and interest
- List of proposals previously submitted and funding outcomes
- 1 Letter of Support from department or dissertation chair
Please submit your application by email:
- Subject line: WISH 2022 Application – LAST NAME
- Include all information in a single PDF
- Title the PDF “LASTNAME WISH Application MMDDYY”
- Include your name and affiliation in the body of the email
- Send to LeaRRnNetwork@gmail.com
Applications will be reviewed by the CoHSTAR and LeaRRn Executive Committees.
Application Submission Deadline: 1/15/2022
Notification of Acceptance: 2/15/2022