The Foundation for Physical Therapy Research is seeking to fill the position of Events Internship for this fall. This position will provide hands-on experience regarding the planning, logistics and events for the Foundation for Physical Therapy Research related to the American Physical Therapy Association’s (APTA) Combined Section Meetings (CSM) conference in Denver, CO and the National Student Conclave in Albuquerque, NM.
Preference will be given to students that have matriculated in a baccalaureate or postbaccalaureate program and plan to be enrolled in a physical therapist or physical therapist assistant program. Application Deadline: August 15, 2019.
Basic responsibilities and duties include:
- Assisting with FPTR conference planning and event logistics including catering, registration for events and meetings at two conferences (Oct/Feb)
- Working with Association Meeting Services staff on event and meeting details, ensuring orders are within budget
- Maintaining registration lists and reports for events
- Creating schedules for FPTR Board presentations, reaching out to schedule meeting times with contacts
- Assembling event shipments, organize inventory, and pack materials
- Assisting Director in creating budgets for 2020 events
- Coordinating onsite booth set-up according to communication teams plan and works effectively with staff and volunteers
Click here for a full list of responsibilities and eligibility requirements. Please send resume and cover letter with salary requirements to: email@example.com.