Sail Around the World with Stanley Paris
Stanley Paris, PT, PhD, FAPTA, FAAOMPT, a member of the Foundation Board of Trustees, will attempt to become the oldest person to solo circumnavigate the globe nonstop by sailboat, in less than 150 days. Dr Paris hopes to break several records and has generously agreed to also use this trip to raise funds and awareness for the Foundation for Physical Therapy.
No stranger to extreme sports and endurance challenges, the New Zealand-born Paris has completed the Ironman triathlon in Hawaii as well as swimming the English Channel, twice. The efforts of the 2009 English Channel swim raised over $52,000 for the Foundation.
“I always look for physical challenges,” he said. “That’s why people climb and ski and all of that – you push it to the limit.” Now at 74, Paris maintains his adventurous lifestyle by continuing to stay physically active and practicing what he taught for years as a physical therapist and educator at the University of St. Augustine, the physical therapy school founded by him.
Click here to read the full press release.
How to Sail Around the World with Stanley Paris
If you would like to be a part of this historic occasion and sail around the world with Stanley Paris, you can by making a *donation in support of the Foundation. With a gift of $100 ($150 per couple and $200 per family or business) your name will be listed on the exterior of the Kiwi Spirit, and then you too will be circumnavigating the globe!
To donate online click here or call 800/875-1378.
*(minimum donation is $100 for name recognition on boat)
Latest News On Stanley’s Trip
- Find our more about Stanley’s Boat the “Kiwi Spirit“
- Follow Updates on Stanley’s Trip on his Facebook Page
- Watch TV interview with Stanley on NBC affiliate station in Portland
- Watch “Kiwi Spirit Unleashed” on YouTube
- Electricity from heavy water-Ocean Navigator- January 2013
- Kiwi Spirit: A 63-foot Globe Girdler from Lyman-Morse- Cruising World- December 2012
- Kiwi Spirit– Ocean Navigator–October 2012
- Around the World with Stanley Paris–The Coastal Journal–August 2012
- Kiwi Spirit to challenge Dodge Morgan’s record–Ocean Navigator–May/June 2012
- Adventurer Hopes to Set Record for Sail Around the Globe– Kennebec Journal– February 2012
- Around the World in 120 Days– The Portland Press Herald–February 2012
- Taking on the World’s Oceans in his 70s–Otago Daily Times–February 2012
- Sailing the World to Sell St. Augustine: An Epic Adventure– Today.com–December 2011